Natural and authentic touch
Despite being a digital piano, the KDP110 has the touch and feel of an acoustic instrument. The new Responsive Hammer Compact II keyboard has been carefully designed to offer the distinctive touch of an acoustic piano with immaculate detail. Unlike other digital pianos at this price, the KDP110 uses a spring-less design that delivers a consistent upward and downward motion for a smooth and natural piano playing experience.
To ensure that you have an authentic experience, the KDP110 features a graded keyboard. Just as acoustic pianos utilise heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers, the KDP110’s keyboard is appropriately weighted for each playing range. Not only does this provide greater stability during loud passages and better control during quieter passages, but it is also great practice for when you decide to move to an acoustic piano.
To make sure that you have the best possible experience, the sound of the Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano has been placed into the heart of the KDP110. This luxurious Kawai grand piano can be found in the most prestigious concert halls and musical institutions throughout the world, and is recognised for its outstanding tonal clarity and exceptional dynamic range. Professional pianists often select this piano for prestigious events such as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubinstein international piano competitions, among others.
When you play an acoustic piano, the amount of pressure used impacts more than just the volume. It can produce completely unique tonal characters. This is why not only each note key on the KDP110 is individually recorded, but also at various dynamics, from the softest pianissimos to thunderous fortissimos. It is Kawai’s proprietary Harmonic Imaging sampling technology that ensures a smooth and even tonal transition across the keyboard of the KDP110.
Built-in lesson function
Learning made easy. The KDP110 offers a convenient way to learn and practise the piano – no matter your level. With the Lesson Function, you can control your learning. Equipped with a great selection of built-in etudes, piece, and practise songs, you can play along and practise at your own pace.
Personalise your tone
If you wish to manipulate the sound to your own personal preference, the KDP110’s Virtual Technician will enable you to refine even the smallest details. In “Smart Mode” you can pick from ten presets that intelligently adjust various characteristics of the grand pianos to match different musical styles. In “Advanced Mode” you can perform touch weight and voicing adjustments, regulate hammer and key release noises, and fine-tune string and damper resonances using the dedicated Virtual Technician iPad app.
Bluetooth and MIDI functionality
Smartphone compatibility via Bluetooth offers seamless integration with the KDP110’s features. By connecting your smartphone, you can access a number of dedicated apps to assist with your learning. This is ideal for keeping students inspired to develop their technique. Another benefit of Bluetooth connectivity is that it removes the need for excessive folders and books of learning tools and sheet music, meaning your piano space can stay neat and organised with ease. The vast array of sheet music available is suitable for all levels and ages.
5 Year European warranty
As an expression of the confidence Kawai have in the design and manufacturing of their instruments, they offer a 5-year warranty for parts and labour with all their digital pianos. Within the first two years, which is covered by Gear4music, simply contact our Customer Services team on 0330 365 444 and we will organise the repair/replacement, subject to issue. Kawai will honour any manufacturing defects after this two year period subject to completing the warranty information which will be enclosed with your piano and Kawai will organise the repair/replacement as deemed necessary.
- Action: RH-Compact II
- Key Material: Plastic
- Key Surface: Matte
- Sensors: 3
- Velocity Curves: Light, Normal, Heavy, Off
- Key Lid: Yes
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging™, 88 Key Sampling
- Sounds: 15 (Concert Grand, Studio Grand, Mellow Grand, Modern Piano, Classic E.Piano, Modern E.Piano, Jazz Organ, Church Organ, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, String Ensemble, Slow Strings, Choir, New Age Pad, Atmosphere)
- Polyphony: max. 192 notes
- Virtual Technician: Smart Mode: 10 presets Advanced Mode (adjustable via iPad app): Touch Curve, Damper Resonance, Key-off Effect, Hammer Delay, Topboard Simulation, Decay Time, Minimum Touch, Stretch Tuning, Temperament, Temperament Key, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth
- Keyboard Modes: Dual, 4Hands
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Effects: Yes, preset
- Metronome/Beats: 7 Beats, Tempo and Volume adjustable
- Recorder: 3 Songs, 1 Track, max. 10.000 Notes
- Lesson Function: Alfred, Burgmüller, Czerny and Beyer lesson songs
- Concert Magic Songs: 40
- Demo Songs: 15
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth (Ver. 4.0; GATT compatible), Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant
- USB Functions: USB-to-Host for USB MIDI
- Other Features: Damper Resonance, Reverb, Touch, Tuning, Transpose, Brilliance, Spatial Headphone Sound, Phones Type, Auto Power Off, Bluetooth MIDI, Transmit Program Change Number, MIDI Channel, Local Control, Multi-timbral mode
- Sound System: 12 cm x 2 Full range speaker
- Amplifier: 2 x 20W
- Power Consumption: 11W
- Pedals: Sustain (with half-pedal support), Soft, Sostenuto / Grand Feel Pedal System
- Music Rack: Yes
- Jacks: MIDI (IN/OUT), Headphones × 2, USB to HOST
- Finish: Satin Black
- Height in cm: 85.5
- Width in cm: 136
- Depth in cm: 40.5
- Weight in kg: 39